Unidexa 0.1% intravitreal implant is also used to treat an eye disease called uveitis (swelling in the middle part of the eye). Unidexa 0.1% is also used to treat diabetic macular edema in patients with artificial lens implant or are scheduled for cataract surgery.
Unidexa 0.1% is to be given only by or under the supervision of your doctor.
UNIDEXA 0.1% INDICATIONS
Inflammatory joint diseases
Adult: 0.8-4 mg depending on the size of the affected joint. For soft-tissue inj, 2-6 mg may be used. May repeat inj every 3-5 days to every 2-3 wk.
Prophylaxis of nausea and vomiting associated with cytotoxic therapy
Adult: Prevention: 10-20 mg 15-30 minutes before admin of chemotherapy on each treatment day. For continuous infusion regimen: 10 mg every 12 hr on each treatment day. For midly emetogenic regimen: 4 mg every 4-6 hr.
Adult: As phosphate: Initially, 40 mg or 1-6 mg/kg as a single IV inj, may repeat every 2-6 hr. Continue high-dose treatment only until patient’s condition has stabilised and not to be continued beyond 48-72 hr.
Adult: 0.15 mg/kg 4 times daily, to be given 10-20 min before or with the 1st dose of anti-infective treatment. Treatment should be given for the first 2-4 days of the anti-infective treatment.
Child: As phosphate: 2 mth-18 yr: 150 mcg/kg every 6 hr for 4 days, starting before or with 1st dose of antibacterial treatment.
Adult: As 0.1% suspension: Apply 1-2 drops into the affected eye/s 4-6 times daily in mild disease, up to hrly admin in more severe disease. As 0.05% ointment: Apply 0.5-1 inch ribbon of ointment into the conjunctival sac(s) up to 4 times daily. Reduce to once daily dosing once conditon has improved.
Adult: 0.75-9 mg daily in 2-4 divided doses; may also be given via IM/IV admin.
Child: 1 mth-18 yr: 10-100 mcg/kg daily in 1-2 divided doses via oral admin, adjusted according to response; up to 300 micrograms/kg daily may be used in emergency situations.
Screening test for Cushing’s syndrome
Adult: 0.5 mg every 6 hr for 48 hr after determining baseline 24-hr urinary 17-hydroxycorticosteroid (17-OHCS) concentrations. During the second 24 hr of Unidexa 0.1% admin, urine is collected and analysed for 17-OHCS. Alternatively, after a baseline plasma cortisol determination, 1 mg may be given at 11 pm and plasma cortisol determined at 8 am the next morning. Plasma cortisol and urinary output of 17-OHCS are depressed after Unidexa 0.1% admin in normal individuals but remain at basal levels in patients with Cushing’s syndrome.
Acute exacerbations in multiple sclerosis
Adult: 30 mg daily for 1 wk followed by 4-12 mg daily for 1 mth.
Child: 1 mth-12 yr: 100-400 mcg/kg daily in 1-2 divided doses; 12-18 yr: Initially 0.5-24 mg daily. Max. 24 mg daily.
Cerebral oedema caused by malignancy
Adult: As phosphate: 10 mg IV followed by 4 mg IM every 6 hr until response is achieved, usually after 12-24 hr. May reduce dosage after 2-4 days then gradually discontinued over 5-7 days. In severe cases, an initial dose of 50 mg IV may be given on day 1, with 8 mg every 2 hr, reduced gradually over 7-13 days. Maintenance dose: 2 mg 2-3 times daily.
Child: As phosphate: <35 kg: Initially 20 mg, then 4 mg every 3 hr for 3 days, then 4 mg every 6 hr for 1 day, then 2 mg every 6 hr for 4 days, then decrease by 1 mg daily. >35 kg: Initially 25 mg, then 4 mg every 2 hr for 3 days, then 4 mg every 4 hr for 1 day, then 4 mg every 6 hr for 4 days, then decrease by 2 mg daily. Doses are given via IV inj.
HOW SHOULD I USE UNIDEXA 0.1%?
Use Unidexa 0.1% suspension as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- If your doctor prescribed more than 1 eye medicine, find out the best order for using each medicine.
- Remove contact lenses before using Unidexa 0.1% suspension.
- Shake well before each use.
- To use Unidexa 0.1% suspension in the eye, first, wash your hands. Tilt your head back. Using your index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Drop the medicine into the pouch and gently close your eyes. Immediately use your finger to apply pressure to the inside corner of the eyelid for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not blink. Remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean, dry tissue, being careful not to touch your eye. Wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them.
- To prevent germs from contaminating your medicine, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including the eye. Keep the container tightly closed.
- If you miss a dose of Unidexa 0.1% suspension, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
This wonderful drug will help you cure your money, and this site will help you find a decent high-paying job https://jobstellar.com/uk/